Akita-Aikikai Aikido Examination Requirements
translated by Mark L. Larson
- Ukemi – Front forward roll, backwards roll, and side-fall.
- Shikko – Walking on knees; forwards and backwards.
- Tai No Henko – Basic blending and changing body direction.
- Tachi-waza Kokyuho – Breathing throw from one-handed grab (katate-dori), and two-handed grab on one arm (morote-dori).
- Shomen-uchi Dai Ikkyo – First teaching, using frontal strike attack initiating from the person applying the technique.
- Shomen-uchi Iriminage – Entering throw, using frontal strike attack initiating from the person doing the throw.
- Katate-dori Shihonage – Four/all-direction throw from one-handed grab.
- Suwari-waza Kokyuho – Basic breathing throw from sitting position.